construction paper or streamers
egg shape template(at bottom of post.)
1. Cut out egg shape. Use this to trace an egg shape onto computer paper. Cut this out. Place two egg shapes together and help child punch out the holes that go around so that both eggs have holes going around them.
3. Cut out a good sized piece of yarn, too short is better then too long. A short piece can always be joined to more yarn, but a very long piece of yarn will be hard to thread through.(Resulting in a frustrated kid…trust me, I just know this.) Wrap the end of the yarn in tape, this will serve as your “needle.”
4. Help child to “sew” their Humpty Dumpty together. Leave a little space at the bottom of the egg. Use this space to stuff the egg with the plastic bag. Finish sewing the eggs together.
5. The child can now cut long pieces of streamer or long thin pieces from your construction paper. These will be the arms and legs and should be glued onto the back of the egg. Let dry.
6. Take an extra bit of yarn and add a loop to the top of Humpty for hanging. ..or for letting your little one swing Humpty Dumpty from while running all over the place and singing Humpty Dumpty song as loud as possible. I’ll let you pick which one.
Humpty Dumpty has definately been a hit around here. Tommorow I’ll share a Little Boy Blue Lunch idea.